Pumpkin spice and everything nice! These babies will satisfy your cravings for a fall treat and still give a you a nutritious breakfast so you can tackle your autumn day.
- 2 heaping cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 regular sized can pumpkin puree. If using fresh pumpkin, use 1 1/2 cups
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon peanut butter (or use any other nut butter of your choice)
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- If using unsalted nut butter, add a pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, stirring until combined. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop mixture with an ice cream scoop or with your hands, forming the batter into rounded balls. Gently press the cookie balls down with your hand or a spoon onto the parchment lined baking sheet to get the more flat cookie shape, they won’t bake down on their own.
Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the outside starts to get crispy. Because of the healthy nature of this recipe (no flour/dairy), the cookies don’t necessarily need to be cooked. It’s pretty much up to your discretion, keeping in mind they are extremely difficult to burn.
These cookies are literally the fastest, easiest, healthiest fall treat!
Warning, consuming these delicious little pumpkin gems may make you want to dance(r’s pose) your way through the day. Enjoy!